When first envisioned, Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) considered potential failures modes and their causes. It was first used in rocket science. Initially, the rocket development process in the 1950’s did not go well. The complexity and difficulty of the task resulted in many catastrophic failures. Root Cause Analysis (RCA) was used to investigate these failures but had inconclusive results. Rocket failures are often explosive with no evidence of the root cause remaining.
Design Failure Mode &Effects Analysis provided the rocket scientists with a platform to prevent failure. A similar platform is used today in many industries to identify risks, take counter measures and prevent failures. DFMEA has had a profound impact, improving safety and performance on products we use every day.
Why Perform Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis:
Risk is the substitute for failure on new/ changed designs. It is a good practice to identify risks on a program as early as possible. Early risk identification provides the greatest opportunity for verified mitigation prior to program launch.
Risks are identified on designs, which if left unattended, could result in failure. The DFMEA is applied when:
• There is a new design with new content
• There is a current design with modifications, which also may include changes due to past failure
• There is a current design being used in a new environment or change in duty cycle (no physical change made to design)
• Introduction to FMEA
• Concepts & Fundamentals of FMEA
• Benefits of FMEA
• DFMEA Input and Requirement
• Potential Failure Mode
• Potential Effects
• Severity S Evaluation
• Failure ModeClassification
• Potential Causes
• Occurrence O Evaluation
• Current Process Control
• Current Detection Control
• Detection D Evaluation
• Risk Evaluation – RPN
• Recommended action, Action Evaluation
• Questions & Answers
Who Should Attend?
• Program Managers
• Product Mangers
• Quality Managers
• Design Engineers
• APQP Team Members
• Plant Heads
Medium: English/ Hindi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 3,000 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 2,800* + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 2,600* + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
* Early Bird Benefit
Early Bird Benefit is valid for bookings received up to 3 days prior to the program dates
Fees include participation, course material (Soft copies) and a Digital certificate.
Kindly provide below details for registration to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
● Name of the Program:
● Name of the participants with Email ID & Mo. Number:
● Company Name and address:
● GSTN Number:
● Pre-payment and pre-registration is required
● Participation fee is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted
The participation fee can be paid by way of NEFT/IMPS/Cheque drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Training & Development” payable at Pune or through NEFT.
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.