This seminar covers all phases of the team approach to identifying and solving problems, based on the eight – discipline methodology. The Global 8D Process is taught using a real life case study. The 8D process is a standardized process in the automotive and aerospace industries that helps manufacturers & suppliers to resolve product/ process problems during and after manufacturing of parts.
Program intent is to make aware participant to:
• Demonstrate an ability to complete all sections of an 8D report
• Explain the relationship of all the different entries on an 8D
• Evaluate an existing 8D to determine its effectiveness
• Demonstrate the linkage between 8D and FMEA
• Introduction to Problem Solving
• Why to carry out Root cause analysis
• Tools used in Root Cause Analysis
• Why Why Analysis
• Overview of 8D
• Step 1 to Step 8 review of 8D
1. Team Formation
2. Problem Description
3. Interim Containment Action
4. Root Cause Analysis
5. Verified & Permanent corrective action
6. Implement & validate corrective action
7. Recurrence Prevention
8. Team recognition
Who should attend?
This awareness program is designed for individuals and teams who are responsible for identifying, solving and eliminating problems that hinder Quality, Productivity, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale leads to Customer Dissatisfaction. This course is ideal for engineers (Manufacturing, Quality, and Process Engineers) who are working with Tier 1/ 2 suppliers for manufacturing parts for OEM/ MNC and who need to submit 8 D report to OEM/ MNC after concern resolution.
Medium: English/ Hindi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 2,800 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 2,600* + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 2,400* + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
* Early Bird Benefit
Early Bird Benefit is valid for bookings received up to 3 days prior to the program dates
Fees include participation, course material (Soft copies) and a Digital certificate.
Kindly provide below details for registration to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
● Name of the Program:
● Name of the participants with Email ID & Mo. Number:
● Company Name and address:
● GSTN Number:
● Pre-payment and pre-registration is required
● Participation fee is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted
The participation fee can be paid by way of NEFT/IMPS/Cheque drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Training & Development” payable at Pune or through NEFT.
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.