Indian Institute of Training and Development (IITD)
Presents One Full Day Interactive program on
Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
Types, Benefits and Best Practices
26 May 2023(Friday); 09:00 am to 05:30 pm
Venue: JM Four Hotel, Shivajinagar, Pune: 411004
Certificates will be issued to the participants!
What is COPQ?
Cost of poor quality (COPQ) is defined as the costs associated with providing poor quality products or services. A company’s COPQ is the total sum of the associated costs which are lost due to failure. This includes all waste and variation, overheads to fix the issue, rework costs, as well as lost opportunities such as churned customer or reputation damage. Continuous quality improvement is a key factor in the strategy for competitiveness. Quality cost is one tool, among many others, that can help in continuous quality improvement. Properly applying quality cost techniques is critical to these efforts. Initially, a complete quality cost study could provide awareness and guidance to a steering committee on what cross-discipline teams and improvement projects should be started.
• Basic definition and concept of Quality
• Modern definition of Quality
• The concept of Quality, Value and Cost
• Concept for Quality and cost optimization.
• New definitions of Quality and cost
• Concept and component of Cost of Quality
• Importance of determining cost of Quality and Cost of Poor Quality
• Data collection and reporting of cost of Quality
• Implementing Quality tools for understanding and improving cost of Quality.
• Steps for achieving Improvements on Cost of Quality
• Case study for achieving improvements in cost of quality
Key Take Aways
At the end of the program, a participant shall learn
• To understand to basic concept of Quality, Cost and Value
• Learn various best practices to control processes and reduce COPQ
• Implement the tools, practices to reduce and prevent generation of poor quality
• To understand the importance of determining Cost of Quality and cost of Poor Quality.
• To achieve continual improvements in Cost of Quality and Cost of Poor Quality
This course will benefit Department managers, Executives, Engineers from Quality Assurance, QMS, Product Development, Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Planning Production, Maintenance, Supply Chain, SQA, Purchase etc.
IITD Sr. Expert Faculty:
Highly experienced faculty from Indian Institute of Training & Development will conduct this training program. The training sessions will provide participants an opportunity to discuss specific problems with the expert faculty.
Medium: English/ Hindi
➢ Rs. 3,000 + GST 18% per person 1-3 participants.
➢ Rs. 2,800 + GST 18% per person for a group of 4 or above participants.
Fees include participation, course material (Hard copy), Breakfast, Lunch -veg/non-veg and tea / coffee with cookies
Please write to email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
● Name of the program :
● Names of the participants:
● Participant’s email id :
● Name of the company :
● GST number :
Certification: Participants shall be awarded a certificate of participation from IITD.
Since seats are limited upto 25 pax, registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Customised In-house Workshops:
We would be pleased to conduct specific in-house workshops for your organisation, if you have adequate number of participants.
For enquiries related to corporate training or group nominations, please reach out to us.
We look forward to your active participation and nominations.
With warm regards,
Mob: 8308459802/ 9822089898
Tel: 91 20 4120 3985