Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) is an engineers’ language to communicate among functions such as Design, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance. It is used as a symbolic way of showing specific tolerances on drawings as per technical standard ASME Y14.5-2009.
This course introduces participants to the GD&T system, providing a working knowledge of the correct interpretation and application of each symbol, general rules, the datum system, and ‘bonus’ tolerance and highlighting some of the changes in the updated Y14.5 standard. This course is basically designed to introduce basic concept of GD&T and interpret 14 symbols. Participants will be able to understand Part drawing by more meaningful way.
• By attending this seminar, you will be able to –
• Explain the benefits of Geometric Tolerancing
• Identify datum features and determine their order
• Identify and interpret each of the characteristic symbols
• Correctly interpret GD&T Feature Control Frames
• Explain the impact on manufacturing and inspection
• Introduction of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
• Ambiguity & Shortcomings of Co-ordinate Measuring System
• Benefits of Circular tolerance zone over Square tolerance zone
• Basics of GD&T terminology e.g. MMC. LMC. RFS, Bonus Tolerance, VCB, RFS, Control Frame
• Definition of 14 basic GD&T symbols (Interpretation, Application and Inspection)
• Orientation Controls (Angularity, Perpendicularity, Parallelism)
• Location Controls (Position, Concentricity, Symmetry)
• Runout Controls (Circular Runout/ Face Runout, Total Runout/ Total Face Runout)
Participants should have knowledge of basics of Engineering Graphics.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone who has a need to apply or interpret geometric tolerances on a product print. Product engineers, manufacturing engineers, CAD designers, quality inspectors, and other engineering & manufacturing personnel. All will benefit from a better understanding of design requirements; improved communication with customers and suppliers. The course is useful for Fresh Engineering Graduates who joined the industry as well as employees dealing with Part Drawings for part development and inspection.
Medium: English/ Hindi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 3,000 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 2,800* + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 2,600* + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
* Early Bird Benefit
Early Bird Benefit is valid for bookings received up to 3 days prior to the program dates
Fees include participation, course material (Soft copies) and a Digital certificate.
Kindly provide below details for registration to Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
● Name of the Program:
● Name of the participants with Email ID & Mo. Number:
● Company Name and address:
● GSTN Number:
● Pre-payment and pre-registration is required
● Participation fee is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted
The participation fee can be paid by way of NEFT/IMPS/Cheque drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Training & Development” payable at Pune or through NEFT.
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.