Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD & T) is an engineers’ language to communicate among functions such as Design, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance. It is used as a symbolic way of showing specific tolerances on drawings as per technical standard ASME Y14.5M-2009.
This course introduces participants to the GD & T system, providing a working knowledge of the correct interpretation and application of each symbol, general rules, the datum system, and ‘bonus’ tolerance and highlighting some of the changes in the updated Y14.5 standard.
This one day course is basically designed to introduce the basic concept of GD & T and interpret 14 symbols. Participants will be able to understand Part drawing in a more meaningful way.
Session 1 – 3 hours
• Ambiguity & Shortcomings of Co-ordinate Measuring System
• Benefits of Circular tolerance zone over Square tolerance zone
• Basics of GD&T terminology e.g. MMC. LMC. RFS, Bonus Tolerance, WCB, RFS, Control Frame
• Datums (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary), Simultaneous datums, 3-2-1 Principle
Session 2 – 3 hours
• Overview of 14 basic GD&T symbols (Interpretation, Application and Inspection)
• Form Controls (Straightness, Flatness, Circularity, Cylindricity)
• Orientation Controls (Angularity, Perpendicularity, Parallelism)
• Location Controls (Position, Concentricity, Symmetry)
• Runout Controls (Circular Runout/ Face Runout, Total Runout/ Total Face Runout)
• Profile Controls (Line Profile, Surface Profile)
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone who has a need to apply or interpret geometric tolerances on a product print. Product engineers, manufacturing engineers, CAD designers, quality inspectors, and other engineering & manufacturing personnel. All will benefit from a better understanding of design requirements; improved communication with customers and suppliers. The course is useful for Fresh Engineering Graduates who joined the industry as well as employees dealing with Part Drawings for part development and inspection.
Medium: English/ Hindi/ Marathi
Fees and Registration:
Fees: Rs. 3,000/- + GST 18% per person.
Incentive: Rs. 2,800/- + GST 18% per person for a group of Three or more Members from the same or different Organizations.
Fees include participation, course material (Soft copies) and certificate.
Kindly provide below details for registration to Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
● Name of the workshop:
● Name of the participants with Email ID & Mo. Number:
● Company Name and address:
● GSTN Number:
⮚ Please reply on E Mail – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
⮚ Pre-payment and pre-registration is required
⮚ Participation fee is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted
The participation fee can be paid by way of NEFT/Cheque drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Training & Development” payable at Pune or through NEFT.
NEFT Details – Indian Institute of Training & Development
Bank Name – Bank of India
Current Account No: 052320110000336
ISFC Code – BKID0000523
Branch – Kothrud (Gujarat Colony), Paud Road, Pune 411029.
GSTN Number: 27BDNPK3328J1Z9
Certificate of Participation would be sent to all the participants through Speed post/ courier.