Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is an engineers’ language to communicate among functions such as Design, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance. It is used as a symbolic way of showing specific tolerances on drawings as per technical standard ASME Y14.5M-2009. This course introduces participants to the GD & T system, providing a working knowledge of the correct interpretation and application of each symbol, general rules, the datum system, and ‘bonus’ tolerance and highlighting some of the changes in the updated Y14.5 standard.
• Ambiguity & Shortcomings of Co-ordinate Measuring System
• Benefits of Circular tolerance zone over Square tolerance zone
• Exercise – 1 on conversion from Square Tolerance zone to Round Tolerance zone for Positional Tolerance
• Basics of GD&T terminology e.g. MMC, LMC. RFS, Bonus Tolerance, WCB, RFS, Control Frame
• Exercise – 2 on calculation of Bonus Tolerance (for Postion Tolerance)
• Datums (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary), Simultaneous datums, 3-2-1 Principle
• Form Controls (Straightness, Flatness, Circularity, Cylindricity)
• When Tolerance zone will have diameter symbol & when it is not specified in Control Frame?
• Can we interchange primary & secondary datums?
• Exercise – 3 on calculation of bonus for other than position tolerance
• Orientation Controls (Angularity, Perpendicularity, Parallelism)
• Location Controls (Position, Concentricity, Symmetry)
• Runout Controls (Circular Runout/ Face Runout, Total Runout/ Total Face Runout)
• Profile Controls (Line Profile, Surface Profile)
• How to calculate position tolerance for fixed fastener & Floating fastener condition? With Exercises – 4 & 5
• When to apply MMC or LMC modifier in Control Frame?
• Brief on Functional Gaging
• Exercises – 6 on how to inspect actual part if positional tolerance is mentioned in drawing?
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone who has a need to apply or interpret geometric tolerances on a product print. Product engineers, manufacturing engineers, CAD designers, quality inspectors, and other engineering & manufacturing personnel. All will benefit from a better understanding of design requirements; improved communication with customers and suppliers. The course is useful for Fresh Engineering Graduates who joined the industry as well as employees dealing with Part Drawings for part development and inspection.
Medium: English/ Hindi/ Marathi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 3,000 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 2,800* + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 2,600* + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
* Early Bird Benefit
Early Bird Benefit is valid for bookings received up to 3 days prior to the program dates
Mode of Payment: NEFT/Gpay/ Cheque
Please write to email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com or Call on 9822089898 / 8308459802, mentioning the name of participant, Mobile no, email id, company name with GSTIN, if applicable.
Soft copy of Course Material will be emailed.
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.