• In 2019, the Ministry of Labour and Employment introduced four bills to consolidate 29 Central Laws.
• These Codes regulate: (i) Wages, (ii) Industrial Relations, (iii) Social Security, and (iv) Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions.
• The Code on Wages, 2019 has already been passed by Parliament and has received the assent of the President of India. Bills on the other three Codes were referred to the Parliament Standing Committee on Labour.
• The Standing Committee had submitted its report on all the Codes. The Parliament has now replaced these 2019 odes with new ones by incorporating certain changes as recommended by the parliamentary Standing Committee.
• Out of the 233 recommendations made by the Parliamentary Standing Committee, 74% of the recommendations have been accepted by the Government.
• These three Codes have been passed by the Lok Sabha on 22nd September, 2020 and by the Rajya Sabha on 23rd September, 2020.
• These Codes have to receive the assent of the President of India.
• The Industrial Relations Code, 2020 has consolidated and amended the laws relating to Trade Unions, Standing Orders and the Industrial Disputes Act.
• The IR Code has 104 sections spread across 14 Chapters with 3 Schedules.
In the Code on Industrial Relations following points will be discussed:
• New definitions and terms that have been introduced.
• Bi-Partite Forums
• Trade unions
• Standing Orders
• Notice of Change
• Voluntary Reference of Disputes to Arbitration.
• Mechanism for resolution of Industrial Disputes
• Strikes and Lock-outs
• Lay-off, Retrenchment and Closure under Chapter IX
• Special Provisions relating to Lay-off, Retrenchment and Closure in Certain Establishments under Chapter X
• Worker Re-skilling Fund
• Unfair Labour Practices. And
• Offences and Penalties.
• The object of this programme is to make the participations aware of the major provisions of the Code and the effect of the provisions of the Code on employer and the workers and unions.
Who should attend?
• Corporate HR Heads
• HR Operations Heads/ Manager HR
• Personnel & Admin Managers
• Compensation & Benefits Heads and Executives
• Accounts and Finance personnel
• Corporate Compliance Personnel
• Business Heads of Small & medium Enterprises
• Labour Law Practioners and Compliance Personnel.
Medium: English/ Hindi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 3,000 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 2,800 + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 2,600 + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
Mode of Payment: NEFT/ Gpay/ Cheque
Please write to email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com or Call /WhatsApp on 9822089898 / 8308459802, mentioning the name of participant, Mobile no, email id, company name with GSTIN.
Soft copy of Course Material will be emailed.
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.