Shigeo Shingo the Founder of Toyota Production System advised: “By Organizing the Work Place Vital Savings of different types are achieved: Process Time + Material + Space for Work + Human Efforts! While Adding Value at Work: Old Habits Continue & People Stay Put with Un or Dis – Organized Work Place in various Departments in Manufacturing +Offices + Ware Houses + Trading Companies & consequently “Losses” as described above continue! The Processor feels frustrated & is unable to produce in Right Time!
Core Concepts of “6 S” are:
1. Search Wastes noted above. Next implement: Shining Cleaning, Sorting with Meaning, Systematically Organize All Inputs, Standardize Everything, Work with Self Discipline & Ensure Safety at Work
2. Balance Work & Habits
3. Ensure balanced Vertical & Horizontal Team Work
4. Things will take care on their Own” does not help, “6 S” for organizing Gemba” helps
5. Value Adding Work happens smoothly only through Systematic Designated Methods
6. Improve: Styles of Placement of All Materials, Equipment, Cleanliness & Old Habits.
To realize gains by using “6 S”: Audit Before & After Conditions > Adopt Customized Standard Work Styles, Collaborate Vertically, Horizontally & Cross functionally in Departments such as : Sales, R.M. & F.G. Stores, Training + HRD, Operations + Maintenance & Q. A. for achieving Savings as above + + Productivity & Efficiency Improvement + Staff Satisfaction.
• Define & Place only the Required Material through Regular Sorting
• Scrupulously maintain Shining Clean condition at Work Place
• Sequentially arrange All the Material & Equipments in Systematic Manner
• Design & Sustain the Standards for above 3 aspects
• Perform all work with Self Discipline
• Ensure: Safe Methods lead to Safe Conditions
• Document all Standards & Methods to Sustain Value Adding Culture
• Regularly Audit the Past Conditions & Improvements from time to time
09:00 am – 10:00 am • Introduction: Kaizen & 5 ‘S’ + 6th ‘S’ through 4 W’s & 1 H.
• Uses, Benefits of 5 ‘S’ & 6th ‘S’ Practiced Globally in Industry. Questions & Answers, Listing of Real Issues & Challenges
10:00 am – 10:10 am Tea/Coffee Break
10:10 am – 01:00 pm • Concept Clarity of Kaizen, 5 S & 6th S
• Sanitizing, Sorting, Systematic Arranging, Standardization, Self Discipline, Safety at Work – through Tracking & Recording System
• Real Cases, Photos: Before & After Learning
• Real Data, Analyzing, Needs of Doing, How to Apply at Work Stations, Consequences of Not Applying 5 S, Feedback from Customers, Internal & External Preparing Flow Diagram of Material & Recording: Receipt to Q.A. Checking to Manufacturing to Storage to Scrapping to Supply to Acceptance Customer.
01:00 pm – 01:45 pm Lunch Break
01:45 pm – 03:00 pm Apply 5 ‘S’ & 6th ‘S’ & Achieve Production Feasibility Agreement & Production Readiness Review, Standards Submission, Reviewer’s Checklist, Simulated Case Working & Questions & Answers. Group Working for Techniques of Applying 5 ‘S ‘& 6th ‘S’, Red & Green Tagging & Listing, Setting Up of Precise Location & Identification Tracking System in applying for Preventing Error(s).
03:00 pm – 3:10 pm Tea/Coffee Break
03:10 pm – 03:50 pm • Understanding Muda, Mura, Muri, PDCA & SDCA.
• Applying at Manufacturing, Handling, Issuing, Dispatching to Customers
• Validation through Real Time Cases Design & Setting up of: Control Plans, Auditing & Reporting, Acceptance Criteria, Qualified Q.A. Lab. & Documentation
03:50 pm – 04:00 pm Drafting Lessons Learnt during this Training, Preparing Group & Personal Action Plan & The Way Forward in Standardizing & Sustaining Prevention of Deviations
Medium: English/ Hindi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 2,800 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 2,600* + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 2,400* + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
* Early Bird Benefit
Early Bird Benefit is valid for bookings received up to 3 days prior to the program dates
Fees include participation, course material (Soft copies) and a Digital certificate.
Kindly provide below details for registration to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
● Name of the Program:
● Name of the participants with Email ID & Mo. Number:
● Company Name and address:
● GSTN Number:
● Pre-payment and pre-registration is required
● Participation fee is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted
The participation fee can be paid by way of NEFT/IMPS/Cheque drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Training & Development” payable at Pune or through NEFT.
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.