Negotiation Skills is arguably the most important Business Skills required by any practicing manager. The skill is useful for the managers handling functions such as marketing and sales, purchase, production, HR etc. Virtually any interaction between two individuals when both are having opposite views on a situation requires negotiations- from home to the office!
Introduction to Negotiation
• Why do you need to negotiate?
• What types of negotiations exist?
• What are the characteristics of a confident negotiator?
• How to handle conflicts in negotiations
• What steps do you need to go through when negotiating?
• What is the difference between negotiation and persuasion?
• What outcome should you aim for?
• How to perform Outcome Analysis
• What is the best negotiation strategy?
• Should you bargain over positions explicitly?
• What is principled negotiation?
• What strategies can you use to take the upper hand in negotiations?
• What can you do to move the negotiation forward when you think it is getting stuck?
How to Negotiate
• What is the negotiation preparation guide?
• How to discuss negotiation variables
• How to set your selling or buying limits systematically
• How to manage your Settlement Range
• How to manage concessions when you give them or receive them
• How to break deadlocks
• How to settle a negotiation to get what you asked for
• How to close a negotiation
Emotions in Negotiations
• How to handle negotiations emotionally
• How to bargain effectively
• How to take advantage of human emotional reaction and use that to your benefit
• How to take advantage of body language
• How to express your disagreement while maintaining the relationship
Handling Psychological Tactics in Negotiations
• What are psychological tactics used in negotiations and how to respond to them
• How to handle an angry negotiator
• How to respond to shock tactics
• How to big up your side of the negotiation and bring down theirs
• How to handle their lack of authority to proceed
• How to respond when you are given only one choice
• How to handle a demanding negotiator
Who Should Attend?
This Executive Development Programme is for all, Directors, Owners of MSME‟s, General Managers, Managers, Executives from all functions of HR, Finance, Production, IT, Materials, Supply Chain Management across the organization, Logistics Partners, Marketing or anyone interested in Negotiation skills.
IITD Expert Faculty:
Highly experienced faculty from Indian Institute of Training & Development will conduct this training. The training sessions will provide participants an opportunity to discuss specific problems with the expert faculty.
Medium: English/ Hindi/ Marathi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 2,000 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 1,800 + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 1,600 + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
Fees include participation, course material (Soft copies) and digital certificate.
Kindly provide below details for registration to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
● Name of the workshop:
● Name of the participants with Email ID & Mo. Number:
● Company Name and address:
● GSTN Number:
❖ Please reply on E Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
❖ Pre-payment and pre-registration is required
❖ Participation fee is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted
The participation fee can be paid by way of NEFT/Cheque drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Training & Development” payable at Pune or through NEFT.
NEFT Details – Indian Institute of Training & Development
Bank Name – Bank of India
Current Account No: 052320110000336
ISFC Code – BKID0000523
Branch – Kothrud (Gujarat Colony), Paud Road, Pune 411029.
GSTN Number: 27BDNPK3328J1Z9
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.