The Eight Disciplines of Problem Solving (8D) is a problem solving methodology designed to find the root cause of a problem, devise a short-term fix and implement a long-term solution to prevent recurring problems. When it’s clear that your product is defective or isn’t satisfying your customers, an 8D is an excellent first step to improving Quality and Reliability.
Ford Motor Company developed this problem solving methodology, then known as Team Oriented Problem Solving (TOPS), in the 1980s. The early usage of 8D proved so effective that it was adopted by Ford as the primary method of documenting problem solving efforts, and the company continues to use 8D today. 8D has become very popular among manufacturers because it is effective and reasonably easy to teach. Below you’ll find the benefits of an 8D, when it is appropriate to perform and how it is performed.
• Introduction to Problem Solving
• Why to carry out Root cause analysis
• Tools used in Root Cause Analysis
• Why Why Analysis
• Overview of 8D
• Step 1 to Step 8 review of 8D
Interim Containment Action
Root Cause Analysis
Verified & Permanent corrective action
Implement & validate corrective action
Questions & Answers
IITD Sr. Expert Faculty:
Highly experienced faculty from Indian Institute of Training & Development will conduct this training. The training sessions will provide participants an opportunity to discuss specific problems with the expert faculty.
Medium: English/ Hindi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 2,800 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 2,600 + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 2,400 + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
● Kindly provide details for registration to Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org; Name of the Program, name of the participants, company name, GST no., contact details.
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.