Lean manufacturing defines the value of a product with the customer’s point of view. Customers do not need to pay for wasteful activities. For example, for the quality defects removed, rework from your production lines, for the huge amounts of inventory being carried, for the huge WIP on the shop floor, for mistakes of untrained manpower and for the huge breakdown cost of the frequently breaking down machine.
Lean manufacturing will just add value to the product which fulfils customer’s requirement for which customer is willing to pay.
Organisations are adopting lean manufacturing methodologies to replace conventional manufacturing methods. This change requires a mind-set change of everyone from the leader of the organization to a person working on machines. A lean mindset is all about removing the wastes from the manufacturing process, continuous improvement and Just in time (Procurement, Manufacturing). This does not come automatically, this needs training the minds of those involved in various techniques and methods developed and used by world leading organizations over the years.
Study with Focus in the Operations & Inventory Process:
• What is measurable becomes meaningful
• Calculate ‘Through Put Time’ (TPT) from Demand to Delivery: Material Requisition to Delivery to Stocking to Processing, Understand & Implement 5 ‘R’s’ of Inventory,
• Define the Procurement & Inventory Control System, How to Integrate Entire Process End to End
• Define the TAKT time + Customer Demanded Rate: Time v/s Quantity in Entire Supply Chain from Inbound & Outbound Logistics
• Define the “Cycle Time” in the Inventory Management System & how to stabilize it?
Calculate the Value Adding Ratio:
• Define what is Value Adding Time (VAT) & Formula to calculate: Fixed Time & Variable Quantity + Variable Time & Fixed Quantity
• Identify Non Value Adding Activities & Time
• Locate causes of “Hold Ups + Diversions + Waiting in the total Purchase & Supply Process
• Integrate with Kanban System for: No Excess & No Famine
Understand how to Set Up & calculate – Push to Pull System for Improved Efficiency:
• What is the Formula for calculation of Optimum Inventory
• What is Economic Order Quantity
• How to Calculate: Safety Stock + Reorder Level + Maximum Stocks
Find Why + What + When + Where + How to Manage Inventory for Just In Time (JIT) Operations & Benefits thereof
PDCA & SDCA: (Plan Do Check Act & Standardize Do Check Act)
• Understand how to implement PDCA & SDCA Tools: Devised by Dr. Deming in Inventory Management
• How to use the PDCA Cycle as prescribed by Dr. W. Edward Deming
• How does SDCA help in the Purchase + Inventory + Supply Chain Arrangement & Roles of All Stakeholders
• Train Team Members through Actual Business Processes for using PDCA & SDCA in the Purchase + Inventory Control + Supply Process
Efficient Management Techniques:
• What is it & how to use on: Purchase + Procurement + Inventory Control + Supply Processes at All the 4 tiers from Sourcing to Supplying
• Understand how to achieve: First Time Right (FTR) & Every Time Right (ETR), OPV ( Other Person’s View)
• Understand “Pull System v /s Push System” for Processing Material & Data
• Understand Value Adding Help by arranging “Cellular Processing” in Purchase + Inventory + Supply Processes
How Efficient Management System: Promotes Journey of Excellence for achieving “World Class” in The Selected Manufacturing / Service Category
Efficient Management works on “Skill Gaps & Improving Capability of All the Processors”
• Audit the Inventory Matrix for enabling & empowering Process Owners
• How to do Cost Calculation of: Material + Methods of Work
• Attain & Sustain “Jikotei Kanketsu”: Standardized Work for Predictability.
IITD Sr. Expert Faculty:
Highly experienced faculty from Indian Institute of Training & Development will conduct this training. The training sessions will provide participants an opportunity to discuss specific problems with the expert faculty.
Medium: English/ Hindi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 2,600 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 2,400 + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 2,200 + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
● Kindly provide details for registration to Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org; Name of the Program, name of the participants, company name, GST no., contact details.
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.