Dr. Albert Einstein advised wisely ”We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we Created them!” And Anthony J. D’Angelo said “When solving problems dig at the roots, instead of hacking the leaves”.
Problem Solving & Decision making is aimed at Improving Efficiency & Effectiveness. Tony Robbins said “Real decision is measured by the fact that you have taken a decision .If there is no action, you have not truly decided”. Hence Work Practices need to be First Time Right & Every Time Right”. Those should be Safe & Secure of Good Quality for Serving All Living Beings including Flora!
While addressing a Problem at Work, Standards for all above Inputs & Processing Parameters need to be Relevant & correct. Organized Work Methods in various Departments in Manufacturing, Ware Houses, Trading Companies, Offices should be capable of analyzing & solving the root causes & deciding the most effective solutions, out of different options. If not ensured mishaps could lead “Threats to Existence”. Therefore the Processor should ensure: Right Quality, Right Quantity & Right Time.
Core Concepts of Problem Solving are:
• People put off with excuses like “1-I don’t have time/ there are overlapping responsibilities/ Data Base is insufficient/ Support System is lacking/ Starts & fizzles out!
• To effectively tackle above excuses through Strategic Working, Choosing collective Goals, Designed Tracking System of Progress, Addresses road blocks,
• Defines KPIs + KRAs + Implementation & Monitoring System, Attends to FAQs
• Helps to Decide Values & Principles for Guidance to All,
• Sets up IBEAR System: Identify + Brainstorm + Evaluate Causes & Results + Act on Decision + Review,
• Helps to Adopt SMART Goals: Specific + Measurable + Agreed to + Realistic + Time Bound.
• Design Decision Making Phases: Orientation, Discussion, Decision, Implementation
• Use Structured Problem Solving Tools & Techniques: Pareto Diagram RCA + Cause & Effect + 5 Why Analysis + Differential Diagnosis + Cost & Benefit Comparison
• Prevent Polarization & Anticipate Risks
• Identify Antecedent Conditions & Assessable Consequences
• Do PSD with SoPs + Check Lists + Self Discipline
• Identify Role of Motivation in PSDM
• Document all Standards & Methods of PSDM
• Understand Different Styles of D.M. 1- Reactive + 2- Goal Based +3- Utility Based + 4- Rule Based +5- Logic Based.
Understand Markova’s Decision Theory:
• Know 4 Ws + 1 H of Markova’s Theory
• Determine how the above Theory’s Rules & how will it work
• Develop Inter Departmental Collaborative Culture for using this Theory
• Ensure Systematic Methods of Work
Understand Neural Networks of Problem solving & Decision Making (PSDM) :
• Design Roles of: Man Method Material Machine Minutes Measurements
• Define Models in the Plan of Systematic Implementation of “Neural System
• Decide on How to measure it’s effectiveness
• Understand In Depth How to: Implement “NNW” through Learning by Doing
Continual Implementation Strategy:
• Ensure: Clutter Free Thinking
• Decide how to Align PSDM Activities with “Resolve to Implement what suits
• Continuously Demonstrate + Regulate + Moderate + Monitor + Evaluate
Responsibility for “PSDM” is: Everyone Everyday Everywhere!
Current Condition to Continual Improvement Working:
• Identify, Reduce, Eliminate Irregular & Non Standard Methods
• Everyone to imbibe Culture of “PSDM” through SoPs + Check Lists
• Responsibility & Accountability to be firmly followed
• Train & Support for preventing “Hunches / Prejudices & comply with ”Company Designed PSDM“ & Very Important to: Prevent Blame Game
Problem solving & Decision Making Techniques: to ensure Standard Methods:
• Improve: Approaches +Dealing Methods +Respect for All
• Every Processor is Responsible to Implement & Audit PSDM in Each Department
“PSDM”: Requires Working on Primary Data +Analysis + RCA + Find Countermeasures + Conduct Experiment + Trial + Making Prototype + Checking & Only Thereafter Adopting!
Devote Efforts for Ownership of PSDM:
• Efforts to Improve 4 Ps: People + Policy + Practices + Performance
• Ensuring Standard to benefit the Company with Error Free Quality
• Attain & Sustain Discipline for Creating PSDM Role Model in Company for Present & Future
Medium: English/ Hindi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 3,000 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 2,800* + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 2,600* + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
* Early Bird Benefit
Early Bird Benefit is valid for bookings received up to 3 days prior to the program dates
Fees include participation, course material (Soft copies) and a Digital certificate.
Kindly provide below details for registration to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
● Name of the Program:
● Name of the participants with Email ID & Mo. Number:
● Company Name and address:
● GSTN Number:
● Pre-payment and pre-registration is required
● Participation fee is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted
The participation fee can be paid by way of NEFT/ IMPS/ Cheque drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Training & Development” payable at Pune or through NEFT.
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.