The Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) is a standardized process in the automotive and aerospace industries that helps manufacturers & suppliers to communicate and approve production designs and processes before, during, and after manufacturing of parts. PPAP system concept is developed by Big 3 companies GM, Ford & Chrysler. PPAP system ensures whether all engineering design and specification requirements are properly understood by the Supplier. System also confirms that the process has the potential to produce product consistently as per specifications at required production rate. PPAP system assures quality of parts at every in-process stage till it delivered to Customer. It also addresses way of handling & packaging of finished goods.
Supplier cannot dispatch production quantities without PPAP approval by OEM. All engineers of supplier and OEM must know basic knowledge of PPAP process.
• PPAP purpose, Prerequisites, Applicability, Approach
• 18 Requirements of PPAP, Levels
• Design Records, Engineering change document, Design Approval
• DFMEA, Customer Input Requirements, Process Flow Diagram
• PFMEA, Control Plan
• MSA, SPC
• Dimensional Results
• Material Test Results, Qualified Laboratory document
• Performance & reliability test results
• Initial Process Study/ Process Capability Plan, Acceptance Criteria
• Sample Product, Master Sample, Checking Aid List
• Customer Specific Requirements
• Production Trial Run, Weight, Packaging
• ELV & Hazardous material condition requirements
• Re-PPAP Requirements, Change Conditions when PPAP submission is not required
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for engineers (Manufacturing, Quality, Process Engineers) who are working with Tier1/ 2 suppliers for manufacturing parts for OEM. PPAP basic knowledge is mandatory for all engineers intended to join OEM or Supplier. Fresh graduates must know about the PPAP basics as related questions are part of entrance test for any OEM.
IITD Expert Faculty:
Highly experienced faculty from Indian Institute of Training & Development will conduct this training. The training sessions will provide participants an opportunity to discuss specific problems with the expert faculty.
Medium: English/ Hindi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 1,400 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 1,200 + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 1,000 + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
Fees include participation, course material (Soft copies) and digital certificate.
Kindly provide below details for registration to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
● Name of the workshop:
● Name of the participants with Email ID & Mo. Number:
● Company Name and address:
● GSTN Number:
❖ Please reply on E Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
❖ Pre-payment and pre-registration is required
❖ Participation fee is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted
The participation fee can be paid by way of NEFT/Cheque drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Training & Development” payable at Pune or through NEFT.
NEFT Details – Indian Institute of Training & Development
Bank Name – Bank of India
Current Account No: 052320110000336
ISFC Code – BKID0000523
Branch – Kothrud (Gujarat Colony), Paud Road, Pune 411029.
GSTN Number: 27BDNPK3328J1Z9
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.