Learn about the purpose of a Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), and understand the level of evidence required to ensure that all requirements are met.
The Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) is a standardized process in the automotive and aerospace industries that helps manufacturers & suppliers to communicate and approve production designs and processes before, during, and after manufacturing of parts. PPAP system concept is developed by 3 big companies – GM, Ford & Chrysler.
PPAP system ensures whether all engineering design and specification requirements are properly understood by the Supplier. System also confirms that the process has the potential to produce product consistently as per specifications at required production rate. PPAP system assures quality of parts at every in-process stage till it delivered to Customer. It also addresses way of handling & packaging of finished goods.
Supplier cannot dispatch production quantities without PPAP approval by OEM. All engineers of supplier and OEM must know basic knowledge of PPAP process.
• PPAP purpose, Prerequisites, Applicability, Approach
• 18 Requirements of PPAP, Levels
• Design Records, Engineering change document, Design Approval
• DFMEA, Customer Input Requirements, Process Flow Diagram
• PFMEA, Control Plan
• MSA, SPC
• Dimensional Results
• Material Test Results, Qualified Laboratory document
• Performance & reliability test results
• Initial Process Study/ Process Capability Plan, Acceptance Criteria
• Sample Product, Master Sample, Checking Aid List
• Customer Specific Requirements
• Production Trial Run, Weight, Packaging
• ELV & Hazardous material condition requirements
• Re-PPAP Requirements, Change Conditions when PPAP submission is not required
Who should attend?
Anyone responsible for the submission of parts to customer(s) for production approval and those involved in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process
This course is ideal for engineers (Manufacturing, Quality & Process Engineers) who are working with Tier1 / 2 suppliers for manufacturing parts for OEM. PPAP basic knowledge is mandatory for all engineers intended to join OEM or Supplier. Fresh graduates must know about the PPAP basics as related questions are part of entrance test for any OEM.
Medium: English/ Hindi/ Marathi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 2,400 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 2,200* + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 2,000* + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
* Early Bird Benefit
Early Bird Benefit is valid for bookings received up to 3 days prior to the program dates
Mode of Payment: NEFT/ Gpay/ Cheque
Please write to email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com or Call on 9822089898 / 8308459802, mentioning the name of participant, Mobile no, email id, company name with GSTIN, if applicable.
Soft copy of Course Material will be emailed.
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.