Effective failure analysis is the key for achieving optimum Equipment Effectiveness & lower Maintenance Costs. Service failures and safety incidents of machines, structures, and pressure equipment have been experienced in the industry for many years without warning, with varying degrees of consequential damages to health, safety, environmental, business, and reputation. Unfortunately, equipment failures will occur no matter how effective a plant’s reliability program is. Not all failures are catastrophic. Many failures involve a gradual degradation of properties or excessive deformation or wear until the component is no longer functional, long before its design life is reached. Failures due to wear or general corrosive attack are not usually spectacular failures, but account for tremendous material losses and downtime every year.
All failures deserve the attention of the investigator because they reduce production efficiency, waste valuable materials, and increase costs. In some instances, they cause considerable damage or personal injury. For this reason, a good failure analysis program should be implemented at sites to understand the root cause of problems, avoid the recurrence of issues, and reduce the cost of unreliability. With an understanding of failures and their causes, technical remedies can be incorporated at various stages, and thus, the recurrence of failures can usually be prevented.
Failure Analysis and Incident Investigation should be part of all Asset Integrity Management (AIM) programs. They involve the process of studying and analysing the failure of equipment in order to better avoid the recurrence of issues that led to the failure in the first place. The success of failure analysis depends on the use of proper analytical techniques in proper sequence.
Benefits of Equipment Failure Analysis:
• Increased component operational life/availability
• Allows for pre-emptive corrective actions
• Decrease in equipment or process downtime
• Better product quality
• Improved worker and environmental safety
• Improved worker morale
• Energy savings
• Estimated 8% to 12% cost savings over preventive maintenance program
• Awareness & Creating Mind Set shift that every failure must be addressed at root cause of the problem
• Gain knowledge of Equipment Failure Analysis techniques
• Learn the Bearing Failure Modes, Causes & Remedies
• Why Breakdowns occur
• Why why analysis process & mistakes to avoid
• General classes of Failure causes
• Steps in Failure Analysis & practical cases
• A detailed rolling element bearing failure analysis procedure
Bearing Failure Modes
Causes & Remedies for failures
• Question & Answers
Methodology: The webinar is pre-dominantly driven through theory along with Case-studies.
Who Should Attend?
Managers, Engineers, Supervisors, Process Specialists, Senior Technicians involved in Maintenance, Process Control and Improvement activities.
Medium: English/ Hindi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 3,000 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 2,800* + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 2,600* + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
* Early Bird Benefit
Early Bird Benefit is valid for bookings received up to 3 days prior to the program dates
Fees include participation, course material (Soft copies) and a Digital certificate.
Kindly provide below details for registration to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
● Name of the Program:
● Name of the participants with Email ID & Mo. Number:
● Company Name and address:
● GSTN Number:
● Pre-payment and pre-registration is required
● Participation fee is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted
The participation fee can be paid by way of NEFT/IMPS/Cheque drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Training & Development” payable at Pune or through NEFT.
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.