One of the blueprints of lean transformations, a value-stream map (VSM) is a paper-and-pencil representation of every process in the material and information flow along with key performance metrics and other data. It differs significantly from tools such as process mapping or layout diagrams because it includes information flow as well as material flow.
Among other benefits, VSMs can help you to:
• Improve the overall flow of value to the customer and deliver the biggest benefits
• Identify and eliminate process and system waste
• Avoid the common mistake of “cherry-picking” individual lean techniques, which creates isolated islands of improvement and limited benefits
• Reveal where lean techniques, such as kaizen events, could be utilized for maximum effects
The mapping process results in a detailed overview of the production or the service delivery flow and focuses attention on Lean concepts and application of Lean methods enabling targeted Kaizen activities.
• To understand the importance of VSM in improving business performance
• To learn VSM symbols and mapping current and future state
• To understand concept of organisational value and waste
• Meaning of value Stream mapping
• How VSM is connected with Lean activity
• Introduction and Concept of VSM
• Map the Flows – Current and Future Status
• Waste identification and reduction ideas
• VSM ratio evaluation
• VSM benefits
• Challenges to VSM
Who Should Attend?
Those who would benefit from attending this workshop include:
• Operators, managers, supervisor, and change agents in any industry with multi-step processes
• Transactional or services professionals interested in better understanding the flow of a product from “raw material” to the shelf in their industry
• Professionals from organizations at any level of a lean journey, particularly (but not exclusively) those just beginning
• Operational Excellence/ Lean/ Kaizen/ Continual improvement managers, leaders, coordinators.
Medium: English/ Hindi
Fees and Registration:
● Rs. 3,000 + GST 18% per person.
● Rs. 2,800* + GST 18% per person for a group of Three to Four participants.
● Rs. 2,600* + GST 18% per person for a group of Five or more participants.
* Early Bird Benefit
Early Bird Benefit is valid for bookings received up to 3 days prior to the program dates
Fees include participation, course material (Soft copies) and a Digital certificate.
Kindly provide below details for registration to Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
● Name of the Program:
● Name of the participants with Email ID & Mo. Number:
● Company Name and address:
● GSTN Number:
● Pre-payment and pre-registration is required
● Participation fee is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted
The participation fee can be paid by way of NEFT/IMPS/Cheque drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Training & Development” payable at Pune or through NEFT.
Digital Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.